Monday, October 31, 2011

What a day this is going to be!

I went to wake up Kohler this morning at 6:20 a.m. and this was the sunrise scene that I saw through his window!  So beautiful!!

It was one of those "take your breath away" sunrises that we all just had to stop and take a look at.
 I even ran out in the street in my PJ's to take a picture.
Wow - what a great way to start a fun-filled day.  After we had scripture study, the kids went to get ready for the day.  I am thinking to myself, "This is going to be such a great day!"  Until . . . . .


 Hailey couldn't find her witch costume that she wore on Saturday night to our Ward Fall Festival.
 Yes, that's me on the left.  Like mother, like daughter--ha ha!!
 SCARY!!!
 Here's Tom and Bro. Zuniga dressed as dapper pirates!




Here's Kelsey and her friends dressed as The Three Amigos!!!


Anyway, as Hailey was madly looking for her witch costume, Spencer became increasingly worried that his costume would be too "gory" for school.  He said that the teachers specifically said that anything too gory would not be allowed.  He wanted to dress up as a Zombie like he did for our ward party - complete with fake blood stains and rips on his shirt.  
Spencer is the Zombie on the left eating the cotton candy.


So, as we are tearing through the house trying to find another costume for Spencer to wear (keep in mind, it's now 8 am and the bus comes at 8:20).  I am FREAKING OUT - as a mom trying to make everyone happy and get everything together for Halloween and I have two kids who are just now needing completely new costumes since one is now "lost" and the other one is too "gory."  Yikes!  So, I madly pull out our HUGE costume box from the garage and we start tearing through it.  Spencer is trying to have a good attitude and is leaning towards being a pirate.  When I asked Hailey if she would just be Cinderella, or Snow White, Or Belle, or a Princess (since we have a ton of those costumes) she said, "no."  Then, I remembered we had a small pirate costume and when I offered that to her, her face lit up!  Now, it's 8:30 a.m. and we have missed the bus.  We get everyone dressed, take a picture and get in the car.
(By the way, it's called a "Book Parade" at their school, not a Halloween Parade.  I guess it's more 'academic' and school worthy if you call it that.  (whatever!)  We even had books to match that they can hold during the parade.  What a bonus.  So, we get in the car and head to school and I'm thinking I am doing ok.  They will get to school on time and I may still get to exercise this morning.  Then, as we pull into the school, they notice that NONE of the kids are wearing their costumes.  They were suppossed to bring them in their backpacks and change for the parade.  (I remember the note sent home now, but with all the craziness of the morning, I completely forgot!)  So, Spencer just takes off his costume and has clothes underneath.  He hops out of the car and Hailey is now crying.  She has nothing to wear underneath but panties!  ARGH!!!!!  Soooooooo, now we drive back home and get changed into another outfit, take off the costume, and drive back to school.  It's now 9:10 and she is late for school and my exercise time is shot because I desperately need to go to Costco and get back to the school before noon to help with parties and the parade.  Wow - what a day this is going to be!!

No comments: