Friday, October 7, 2011

Well, they're OFF!

Yes - this morning at 2:45 a.m. we headed to the airport to send Tom and Kohler off to their first stop - Houston, Texas.  



Kohler is looking a bit annoyed at Tom for taking yet another picture of him.  (I told Tom to take a TON of pictures!)  Yet, he also looks like he is about to crack up!  I think he likes the attention - ha!


Anyway, at 7:27 a.m. I got a text from Tom that said they had landed in Houston.  Then, around 8:15 a.m. I got this photo from Tom:


Tom wrote:  "We're still in America but . . ."  Whoa---
Then, they began to board the plane.  They are flying on Emirates Airlines.   Emirates   


Here is one of their flight attendants.  


Tom said the plane was totally decked out!  Each seat was complete with its own TV with a touch screen, Internet, a USB, an electric outlet and lots of movies.  Kohler was lovin' it!


 What TV station is that??  Who said marriage is not essential for love?? Oh- that's right---they are headed to a place where arranged marriages take place all the time.  Yikes!!!  But check out all of the cool tech stuff.  


They also have access to cameras to view outside the plane during flight.  This photo was taken from under the plane.  




Settle in for a nice 16 hour flight over the Atlantic then Africa.  They are scheduled to arrive in Dubai sometime around noon tomorrow.  They will stay overnight in Dubai then leave for Ethiopia (Dera) in the morning.  
Dubai Marina
Map of where Dubai is located.

So, my communication with them is over for at least the next 20 or so hours.  Tom did not purchase a phone call package for overseas - he can only send and receive a minimum number of texts.  I will post anything and everything I get from them in the next few days.  Tom told me not to worry - that they are both ok and having fun.  I am so glad they are together (but I will still worry until they are back home safe and sound.)

No comments: