Thursday, October 27, 2011

Swallowed Up

Do you know that movie that came out a little while ago about the house that ate the children?  I think it was called Monster House---



U01-0106809: Monster House -  (Widescreen Edition) (DVD USED)
Well, that is how I am feeling today.  I've had it.....  We've lived in this house longer than in any other place in our married lives.  (it was official on September 1st).  7 years.  Not having to move anywhere has meant that no DEEP cleansing ( getting rid of STUFF )has happened in a very long time.  I feel like everywhere I turn STUFF is growing and multiplying and I am being swallowed up by my own house!!  ha ha   Kids clothes that they are outgrowing, school papers, toys they don't play with anymore, clutter--------------It's too much and it's gotta go.  We are having a garage sale on Saturday--the first one we've had since living in this house and I CAN'T WAIT!!!  Whatever doesn't sell is going to charity.  I will be one happy camper when this is all taken away.  


If I could really have my way, I would send all of these clothes over to Africa.  After seeing what little those people have and the surplus I have, it just breaks my heart.  The main problem is that the shipping is SUPER expensive and there is no post office in the village where Tom and Kohler went.  So, we told our kids that the money we make from our garage sale will go towards our Christmas as well as helping get presents for a needy family here.  They really like that idea.  I just hope I can be ready by Saturday.  It's 9 a.m. and I already feel behind . . .

No comments: