Monday, October 24, 2011

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Witch?

I'm sorry that I didn't post anything last Friday.  I wasn't in the mood to write about anything.  Actually, I wasn't in a good mood at all.  I stepped on the scale, after a week of being really good and hardly eating at all (even when my neighbor brought over her amazing sugar cookies and I didn't even have one bite!) - and I had not lost one pound, not even a half of a pound . . . I stayed exactly the same.  Well, that just set me off and I was grouchy---boy was I ever grouchy.  It was as if the wicked witch from the west had come to town.  


Kelsey, Halloween 2007

Kelsey, Halloween 2007
I went to family scripture study with my grouchy mood and boy did it ever spread like an infectious disease!  Within 30 minutes, my husband was in the kitchen making all kinds of noise and upset about something, Spencer started crying on the piano and saying how mad he was at the song he was learning . . . it was like this grouchy "funk" had permeated my home and it all started with ME.  


When I realized it, my first thought was, "OK, aren't I entitled to have one bad morning?"  But the repercussions of my "bad morning" spread to make everyone else in my family have their "bad morning" as well.  So, that totalled out to 6 bad mornings!  -not acceptable.  The phrase, "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" really is true.  I learned that the hard way.


So, it's Monday morning and I have a choice to make.  Should I starve myself again and try to lose weight only to find out at the end of the week I may face the same outcome?  I don't like the other choice because obviously that isn't working if I am gaining weight.  So, I will give it another go.  (I don't starve myself - mom, don't be worried :)  But, really the only way to lose weight for me is to hardly eat anything.  I hate it.  But, with the holidays QUICKLY approaching, I have to do something . . . and now.  


The one thing that always makes me feel better is to count my blessings.  So, that's what I will be doing today . . . all the way to the gym!

No comments: