Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Feels Like Fall

This morning, after the usual rush of practicing piano, making lunches, brushing hair, signing school agendas, etc. I walked with my two little ones out the door as they left for school.  A cool, fall-like breeze was blowing (which is really rare for Arizona since it has been so hot lately!).  As that breeze blew across my face I was instantly taken back to my student teaching days in Utah.  I don't know why---but that was the thought that came to my mind this morning.  I remembered leaving my home at 6:15 each morning to drive out to Manila Elementary in Pleasant Grove then later to Barrett Elementary in American Fork.  I remembered how I would look around at all of the beautiful homes with little children walking to their school and wondering when this stage of life would happen for me.  Then, it hit me like a ton of bricks . . . I am IN this stage right now and it is quickly fleeing.  So fast, so unbelievably fast!


I quickly grabbed my camera and snapped a photo of my last two kids walking to their bus stop.  (I apologize that the date of my pictures are all wrong.  I need to fix that today)   I just can't tell you how watching them walk away took me back 17 years ago just before I had Kohler and anticipating this very moment.  I am so blessed to have had four beautiful and inspiring children.  They are EVERYTHING to me (along with their dad who I am still crazy about!).   
     The weather man said it is suppossed to really cool down this week so the kids and I decorated for fall.  I absolutely LOVE this time of year.  Although, I do have to say, it makes me really miss my days in Oregon too.  They have some of the most beautiful fall colors and their pumpkin patches are the best I have ever seen--complete with homemade donuts and fresh apple cider.  Here was my absolute favorite place to go:  
Oh, how I miss this place!  I spent hours with my kids walking around the petting zoo and picking just the right pumpkin.  Here in Arizona, they have some fun pumpkin patches as well.  But they somehow just don't have the same feeling as the ones in Oregon.


     Well, here's how we have brought "fall" into our AZ home----







Also, you know it's fall when you see everyone's yard scalped--getting ready to plant winter grass.  I do love the winter grass!!


Thank you----for the fall breeze today.  It did my heart some good!



No comments: