Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Crazy Boys

Here are my crazy boys:

Crazy Boy #1


Crazy Boy #2
 Even though they are more men than boys, I still call them "my boys."  


Tomorrow morning, at 3 a.m. I will drive to the Phoenix Airport and put my boys on a plane headed for Ethiopia, Africa. 



  This is what I read on the internet this morning:  Phoenix Sky Harbor International is 14,400 kilometers or 8,930 miles from Ethiopia. 

This is the first time that we will have been separated by this much distance. 

To be honest, it's a strange feeling. . .
And Crazy Boy #3 (but #3 is not going to Africa - he is staying home with me!)

Almost as strange as that wig Spencer is wearing!  ha ha   But really, it will be a very different feeling knowing that two people that I truly would give my life for because I love them so much, will be halfway across the world.  At first when I thought of them leaving I kept saying, "I just hope that the same ole' Tom and Kohler that I love so much will come home safely."  But the more that I think about it -----I hope they don't come back as the same ole' Tom and Kohler that I love.  I hope they come back changed for the better with a different perspective of the world.  Tom has been overseas before but this will be a first for Kohler.  To go into a third world country and see first-hand how they live and what they live without will be a tremendous eye-opener.  Tom will be doing dental procedures and Kohler will help with sterilization.  They are also bringing fun things like soccer balls, BYU shirts, candy, etc. to give to the kids there.  I hope it will be a life changing experience for them.
But ----I need them to come back safe and sound too!  Imagining life without them is like imagining a life without air.  I really, really, really love these boys and I need them in my life.  They make my life complete and I don't know what I would do without them.  
So, today is my temple day - and you know I will be thinking of them.  My Crazy Boys will be in my thoughts night and day until they come home safe.  What an experience!!!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

what an amazing experience! I don't know how they could not come back changed for the better! we'll keep them in our thoughts and prayers for a safe trip! (and you too- I know how being the one left behind isn't always the easiest place to be)