Friday, October 14, 2011

Ice Skating Fun



Yesterday my car thermometer read 100 degrees - really??  We are getting sick of this hot weather!  So, the kids and I decided to "pretend" to be cold and we went ice skating!  ha ha


 This was Hailey's first time ever to go ice-skating.  It was crazy!  She was all over the place.  My arms were so tired just trying to hold her up.  But, she was determined and didn't give up.  
 After a while, I noticed that when I would let her go off and try by herself, even though she fell more, she was getting better much faster.  She didn't have my arm to rely on and it made her stronger.  She had to find her balance and figure it out on her own.  By the end of the skating session, she could go pretty far on her own and she felt like she was on top of the world!  Click play to watch this hilarious video of the kids making a skate train!





Kelsey, Spencer, Hailee Hoover (friend), Kelsey

 If you're gonna fall, it helps to be REALLY flexible!  She is doing the splits on the ice!  Whoa . . . .
 Afterwards, we stuck with the "cold" theme and went to "Swirl It" for frozen yogurt.  I tried to get Spencer to play a game of old-fashioned checkers with me.  He was a good sport and lasted about 6 minutes with me but then kept wanting to go play with the other kids on the more "interesting" game------
 They had an x-box Kinect game there and it was really fun.  It was the sports game so the kids actually had to run, throw a pretend javelin, do hurdles, etc.  I think they put it there so you can burn off more calories and eat more frozen yogurt!!!  ha ha

No comments: