Thursday, October 13, 2011

Best Wings in the World



OK - so back during Conference Weekend, our family made (what we thought) were the best wings in the world!  Seriously - they were really really good!  So, here is how we did it:

We took 8 lbs. of chicken wings that I cut into drumettes and wings (cut wing tips off).  Then, I sprinkled them with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and baked them at 350 for 20 minutes.  

For the sauce, we sauteed 4 T. minced garlic in 4 T. veg. oil then added the rest:


1 bottle (or 2 cups) of Head Country BBQ sauce (thanks Lisa!) or you can use any bbq sauce you like


1/2 cup reduced pomegranate juice (reduced from 1 cup on stove)


1 cup honey


You can add some heat by adding red chili flakes, but we decided we just wanted it sweet!


 Then, you fry the wings in small batches in oil for about 7-8 minutes until golden brown.  We used canola oil but I've heard peanut oil is better.  I just couldn't find peanut oil.

Take the wings out and let them rest on a paper towel to absorb the excess grease.  Then, toss the wings in the bbq sauce.  These are really so delicious.  I think I'm going to make these for when Kohler and Tom come home from Africa on Saturday.  I'm thinking they are going to be really hungry!!

No comments: