Friday, October 14, 2011

Last Email from Africa

Hey Family -

I finally heard from Tom this morning.  It's been over a day now without any news so I was super happy to see the text and photos on my phone!  They leave for the U.S. in one hour (9 a.m. AZ time), then will make a short 2 hour stop in Dubai, then change planes in Houston, then back home to AZ.  

These are some of my most favorite photos yet.  My absolute favorite one is Kohler holding hand with two little boys.  Tom called them "his new little friends."  Every picture so far that has been sent home of Kohler has him smiling!  That just warms my heart.  The other one of Tom and Kohler (wearing their "got braces" shirt) was in front of the dental clinic where they saw over 400 patients total and pulled over 1,100 teeth!  Tom said even little children were able to have some infected teeth pulled.  What an difference that will make in their lives.

The other pictures are of the town marketplace and the school in Dera.  Some of the money that they all raised went to purchase a computer for their school.  Pretty awesome----

The only other thing I heard is that Tom and Kohler are requesting BBQ wings for their "welcome home" dinner!  ha ha  (just as I thought!)  We have missed them terribly but are so happy for the life-changing experiences they are having!

Love you all-----

Tamara







No comments: