Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall Break Fun!


After a Monday filled with cleaning out closets and re-organizing our toy room, we decided that Tuesday should be a PLAY DAY!  
So, off we headed to the AZ Science Center which is in dowtown Phoenix.  At the entrance of the museum, there is this gigantic telescope that you can look through and then it projects your EYE way up high through a camera for everyone to see.  It's so fun!

See if you can guess who's eye this is?

Who is this?

Who is this?

If you answered, Spencer, Kelsey, then Hailey, you are right! 

 Kelsey had to pedal super hard to keep that ball floating!  I tried it and got the ball to the top, but my heart was racing!!

 Spencer tried the suspended cycle this year.  We also watched an IMAX movie about surfing in Tahiti (very cool!) and went to the planetarium to learn about the planets.  My kids knew all the answers and I couldn't remember much from my school days.  But, some things have changed - for example, Pluto is NOT a planet anymore.  :(
 This is our favorite part of the science center - the bed of nails.  You lay down on the bed then push a button and the spikes (not sharp) raise you up.  It is such a wierd feeling!  It teaches the kids about displacement of weight.

 This is Kelsey and Spencer having fun in "digital world."
 Here are all three kids showing off their muscles to everyone!  ha ha
 Hailey and I found a map of the world and saw where Kohler and Tom are.  It's very far away.  btw - I got a text from Kohler last night and he said that he misses us but really misses my cooking! :)
 Can you tell that I am having a ball with my three kids today??
 Of course, on the way out, one of my kids had to try putting their NOSE in the telescope!  Can you guess which one is this?  Yes . . . it's Spencer!!!
Kelsey held this little pig in the gift shop for about 30 minutes.  I had to get it for her!  It won't be very long until stuffed animals don't find their way into her heart like they used to.  Spencer got a lego set of the Empire State Building which he has already put together, and Hailey wanted a stuffed animal horse.  


We laughed, ate way too many french fries, and had a blast just being together!

No comments: