Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Our Little Squirt

 Can you guess who this cute little squirt is?  (Kelsey did her hair by the way!)


 It's our little Hailey Girl!!

I can't believe she is almost 6 years old and is in kindergarten!
She makes us all laugh, she can color really well, and she is SUPER FLEXIBLE!!  She can do the splits and it makes Kelsey and I really jealous!



The one thing Hailey truly loves is to play the piano.  She has such an incredible ear and can play many of the songs that her older brother and sister are learning.  She astounds everyone with her ability and she just can't help but play on our piano for hours at a time.  
This morning she was trying to figure out a primary song that she is learning for her primary program.  It's a really tough song and I got the music out for her.  She can't read music yet but listened to me  tell her how reading music is like reading words.  It helps you to understand the song so you can play it on the piano.
We are going to start very slowly but I think she is ready to have me start notes on the staff.  This will probably be very challenging for me as a mom because she is a perfectionist and doesn't have much patience.  (plus, she's only 5!)
Last night, she taught our Family Home Evening lesson on Jesus Christ and His Resurrection.  She read a story then helped us all play a game afterwards.  She even lead the music.  We could tell she was really proud of what she did.  Then this morning, as she was giving family prayer, she said, "Thank You for helping me give a good lesson at Family Night so we could all learn about Jesus, that He lives."  I looked over at Tom and smiled.  What a great way to start our day our right.  I don't know what we would do without our little squirt!!!

No comments: