Thursday, November 10, 2011

Things that make me smile!

There are a lot of things that make me smile.  Often times I smile on the inside and forget to let that smile shine outward to let my family know that I feel joy.  I am so task oriented that I forget to stop, breathe in, let out a smile, then move on.  Here are a few things that made me really smile this week:


 Making a dinner that my family loves and watching them eat every last bit, really makes me smile. Chicken Enchilada Soup- yum! (Mary - this one is gluten-free!  I will email the recipe to you if you want!)
 Who wouldn't crack a big smile looking at my adorable niece with that incredible bed hed!  It's our lovely Parker Belle!!
 Getting a TON of papers from my kids backpacks doesn't make me smile.  (this was just ONE days worth of papers!)  But being able to sift through them all and trash them really makes me smile! (except for the cute drawings.  I save those!)   ha ha


 Being outside and working in my garden really makes me smile.  Hailey and I had about 15 minutes before her music class and we decided that was just enough time to give our garden some much needed color.  
 Hailey is a super helper in the garden and she makes it much more fun because she doesn't plant the flowers straight in a row like I would.  She does it HER way!
I just had to throw this quick picture in.  You all know how much I miss Oregon and their incredible blackberries.  Well, I bought some at Costco the other day and they were HUGE!  Look at the size of this berry!  (the sad part, is that they didn't taste as good as Oregon berries) but, it still made me smile thinking of those great memories!

No comments: