Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Being Watched from Afar


Yesterday I was on the phone with my sister, Colleen, and a woman knocked on my door.  She is a new member of our stake and we have only spoken on the phone once before.  She had a loaf of homemade banana bread and handed it to me telling me that she really wanted to bring that over last night for FHE, but time ran out and they couldn't make it happen.  However, she did tell me about Kelsey.  This is pretty much what she said:

"We just moved here and I am really hoping my daughter makes some good friends over at the Jr. High.  I know my daughter knows Kelsey because she talks about her a lot at home.  I even checked Kelsey out on Facebook and read the positive comments and posts she makes.  My daughter says that Kelsey dresses modestly and is really nice to her.  I asked my daughter who was at the 'Cumorah's Hill' choir practice Sunday and she said, 'Kelsey Chamberlain was.'  Then, I told my daughter . . . THAT is the kind of girl you need to be better friends with.  We need to get to know this family better!  So, here I am with some bread and I hope we can get the girls together really soon."  

Now, the reason I wanted to write about this is not to say, "Wow - those Chamberlains are really doing something right!" --that is NOT the reason why.  We are not perfect and we certainly have our share of mistakes going on.  However, as this woman was talking, I couldn't help but have a proud moment---- being the mother of Kelsey Chamberlain.  This is not the first time other parents have said this to me about her.  Others have noticed the way she dresses, the things she talks about, how she includes everyone, and the pure nature that just exudes from her when they are around her.  They have said, "We are SO glad that our daughter is friends with Kelsey!  She is such a great girl!"


When Kelsey got home from school today, I told her how proud I am of her.  That even being watched from afar, people are noticing her and watching her every move.  She has not caused me ONE single day of grief or pain and is obedient to the core.  She always has been.  I will forever be grateful that my Heavenly Father sent her to me.  She is beautiful on the inside and out and I know she will always bring happiness and joy to our family . . . . my Kelsey . . . .
And by the way . . . she made the cheer team!  Yeah!!!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Congratulations Kelsie! What a beautiful girl, inside and out, and you and Tom are great parents!