Monday, November 21, 2011

Let the Holidays Begin!!

When you see this laying on your counter to be mailed, you KNOW that the holidays are ready to begin!  (This letter was Spencer's)



This past week, I worked really hard to get the house decorated for Christmas, while keeping Thanksgiving alive and well!  I knew that we were having a big family dinner on Sunday and my parents were inviting some of their best friends over who have never seen our house before.  So, I really wanted the garland and tree up before they came.  The family all pitched in and on Saturday (after Spencer's  last two football games) we worked really hard and it came together just in time!









 Spencer is a pretty sentimental kid--actually, all of my kids are.  But, I caught him just looking over the balcony and enjoying the sight of the lighted up Christmas Tree.  It warmed my heart to see him happy like that. Those are the sweet tender feelings of HOME --those feelings that you miss the most when you are away.  


We haven't put up all of the Christmas decorations---we will save those for the week after Thanksgiving.  But for now . . . LET THE HOLIDAYS BEGIN!!!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

you have a beautiful tree. Even more impressive in person.

On a side note, it cracks me up that in practically every post, someone is either wearing something BYU, or a Ortho t-shirt. Or both.