Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Temple FHE

Last night we drove to the  Gilbert Temple site for our family home evening.  It has been such an exciting process to watch the construction and see the temple develop week by week.  There was a missionary couple in the small visitor's trailer that helped explain some of the design features of the temple.  It is going to be SO beautiful!  They are planning on completing the temple by late 2013.   



This is a view from the south looking north.  The front of the temple faces east and there is a basement (baptistry) and 3 levels above that.  There will be 3 endowment rooms and a large marriage waiting room for families up on the third floor.  The exciting thing for me was that they are building much larger sealing rooms.  There will be 2 sealing rooms that will be able to hold 80-100 people!  So awesome!  They also told us that the angel Moroni will probably be placed sometime in February!  I can't wait . . .


Here's  Tom, Kohler, and Spencer listening to Elder Miller, a missionary who serves with his wife at the temple site.

This is an artist's rendering of what the temple will look like.  It is absolutely breathtaking.

I came to the site earlier to check it out and see if we needed an appointment to visit the site.  As I drove up, it was my first time getting that close to the temple.  The most peaceful, warm feeling came over me and I truly felt the spirit--right there in the parking area.  That land has been dedicated and I know with all my heart that the Lord is watching over this temple.  How I love the temple!


This is where Kohler will most likely receive his endowments for his mission.  Kelsey may be married here.  What a privilege it is for us to have a temple within 2 miles of our home.  I just can't believe how blessed we are.  

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love this idea for an fhe fieldtrip. And you guys are such a good lookin' family!