Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ahh, the great smells of autumn

Back in dental school, a good friend of mine shared a recipe with me that I dubbed, "Autumn Porkchops."  I tweaked it a little and changed a few things and it turned out so great.  I was totally in the mood to make them last night and boy did it make my house smell delicious!!!  I browned some pork chops then placed them in a baking dish.  Then, sauteed a small onion in some olive oil, added some sliced sweet and white potatoes, sliced granny smith apples, and about 1 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice, salt and pepper.  After the veggies were coated, I mixed about 3/4 cup fresh apple cider with 1 T. cornstarch and added it to the pan.  It makes such a yummy sauce.  Then,  I poured everything on top of the porkchops and let it bake for about 1 hour at 375.  (the white potatoes were cut a little too thick and they were still a little un-done, so I would slice them pretty thin).  We devoured every morsel.  It was SO good!!!




After dinner, Tom and the kids got Rider super hyper by teasing him with their hands.  For some reason, Rider loves to play with their hands.  He grabs them (doesn't bite) and thinks it's so fun.  They were taunting him and throwing their hands in the circle and it was making the poor dog go CRAZY!

 More taunting!  ha ha

Also, I just had to throw this picture in.  I saw this on our front door this morning and had to laugh.  Of course, Spencer wrote these adorations about himself!  ha ha  (by the way, "sick" now means very "cool!")  I had to laugh----I love my Spencer!!

No comments: