Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Shining Star





Last night was our YW Evening of Excellence where the girls in our ward were able to display some of the goals and achievements of this past year.  Kelsey displayed her pageant that she worked so hard on back in April.  At first she really didn't want to do it because she didn't know much about it and was super shy and nervous.  But, she didn't quit!  She worked at the rehearsals and practiced speaking and modeling in front of people.  She even performed a solo clog dance which was the HIT of the show!  Kelsey won the Talent Award for her age division.  We were so proud of her that night!
 So, for her program last night, they asked if she would perform her solo again.  I thought she wouldn't do it--that she would be too nervous to perform in front of her peers at church.  But, my sweet Kelsey said, "Sure!"  She was so cute last night.  The music was super energetic, her costume was so adorable, and her dance moves were incredible!
 Here's Kelsey with her super good friend, Hailee Hoover.
 Of course, our awesome Bishopric was there as well.  (Isn't that first counselor WAY good looking???!!!)


Kelsey is such a shining star in my book.  I often look at her and think, "I can't believe she is my daughter!"  She has NEVER one day caused me any sadness or pain.  Honestly, she is an angel daughter who is beautiful inside and out.  I thank my Father in Heaven for trusting me enough to send one of his most precious children to my home.  I love you sweet Kelsey J.! . . . "my Kelsey!"

No comments: