Saturday, September 17, 2011

Half-Days are CRAZY

What's the deal with half-days?  For some reason, when there is a half-day at school, my kids think that means "party day!"  I'm not kidding.  I really don't like half days anymore because I am either hosting parties at my house or driving my kids everywhere to the entertainment of their choice that they have determined with their friends earlier at school.  It can be seriously crazy for me trying to get everyone where they need to be, ALL AT THE SAME TIME.  So, last Wednesday was a half-day.  Here is the run-down of what I did:

6:30 a.m. Read scriptures w/ family
7:15 drove Kohler to school
7:45 drove Spencer to piano lessons
8:00 dropped Hailey off at the bus stop w/ our neighbor
8:15 picked Spencer up from piano lessons
8:30 picked Kelsey up from school
8:50 drove Kelsey and Spencer to Ortho appt.
9:30 drove Kelsey back to school
9:40 tried to drop Spencer back at school - (but his school was in a "mock lock-down drill" and nobody was at the front desk, door locked!)
9:50 ran to Target to get a bday present for Hailey's friend's 
10:05 tried again to get Spencer back in school.  Door still locked.
10:15 ran to AT & T store to buy Kohler a new phone charger
10:30 tried once again to get Spencer in school and still locked so gave up and drove Spencer home with me.
10:40 - missed my exercise class :( cuz of Spencer's school!
11:00 - showered and got ready
11:30 - took the phone charger to Kohler at his school and that's when it all went crazy . . .(as if I wasn't exhausted already!!!)
All of a sudden Kohler runs up to me in the parking lot and says, "Mom!  Can you drive us to Peter Piper Pizza and then can a bunch of guys come over and go swimming?"  I am thinking like 4 or 5 guys . . . it was 16 BOYS THAT PILED IN MY SUBURBAN!!!

You can't see them all but there was a total of 16 boys crammed in my suburban.  3 in the front seat, including me, and the other 13 in the trunk and backseats.  It was totally illegal and totally crazy!! 
(but actually totally fun :)


Kohler and his good football buddy Nick.

They all came into our house and Kohler serenaded them with some Clair d'Lune!

3:30 - Here we are on the way to football practice - Kohler and Eric.  There were only 8 boys in the car this time.
The rest of the afternoon was spent driving Hailey to her friend's birthday party, taking Kelsey to her piano lesson then over to a friend's house, trying to keep Spencer happy because the friend that came over for him to play with had a massive cold and cough so I had to send him home!  The day finally ended with me driving Kelsey up to her dance class from 7:45-8:45 p.m. with a grocery trip to Walmart in between.  I came home and after putting the groceries away, having family prayer, and tying up loose ends in the kitchen, I totally fell asleep before my head hit the pillow!

It was a crazy day . . . but I absolutely LOVE MY LIFE! :)

No comments: