Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fun After School Snack Idea

I have never really been great at creative after school snacks.  Mostly my kids come home and eat cold cereal every day.  They love it and it's no effort on my part.  But the other day, my sister Melanie, told me of a really cute idea.  So . . . we tried it out!


 I took a muffin tin and filled it with snacks they would like.  Most of them were healthy, but I threw in a little sugar - because hey . . . I like sugar.  :)  I made 6 snacks for each child so they could each have their own half.  It was a hit!!!
 Then, I let them eat it in the family room (which they are never allowed to do) and it made the snack even more special!  We watched a cartoon together.  
It was a great eye opener to me that a little planning went a long way with my kids.  It was fun to jazz things up a bit and it was a really easy thing to do.  Thanks Melanie for the great idea!!!!

No comments: