Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day

 Last night, around 5:00 I got the cutest phone call.  I picked up the phone and it was my little niece, Rylie.  She said, "Aunt Tamara, McKenna and I were wondering if we could come and spend the night at your house?  We haven't seen you guys in a while and we just were wanting to, you know . . . see the kids!"  Of course I said YES!  I love it when they come over.  So,  I met my sister at our halfway meeting spot (halfway between Scottsdale and Gilbert) so I could pick up Rylie and McKenna.  All the kids had a big slumber party downstairs in the family and living room because our air conditioning isn't working upstairs.  Too much fun!
Then, this morning, we made Monster Pancakes (a Chamberlain favorite - we make it every time the Fuhriman girls spend the night!) and then watched about 4 episodes of "Chopped" on the Food Network.  Kelsey and McKenna decided to play "Chopped" themselves and created a dessert using:  canned peaches, chocolate pudding, oats, pretzel sticks, and Nutella chocolate spread.  They were pretty creative in what they came up with.  Kelsey won for presentation and McKenna won for taste.  ha ha!
Me and my awesome sister, Melanie!
 Then, around 1:00 we met at Makutu's Island Play Place and let the kids run wild for about 2 hours.  Fun!
Kelsey, McKenna, and Sydne - the magic threesome!

Here's Spencer with his little cousin, Keegan.  They are total buddies!

Well, after two hours of dealing with a lot of crowds, stinking bodies, and sweaty kids----we all decided to head to McDonalds for some ice cream shakes and french fries.  Spencer especially enjoyed his because look what happened to him after he ate his chocolate shake------------------


Ha Ha!!  Actually, this is Spencer's face that was morphed using "Fat Booth" on my cell phone.  Still---it's pretty funny!

Well, I'm off to come up with an incredible Family Home Evening lesson, make dinner, and get Kohler from football practice--all within one hour.  Yikes!  Happy Labor Day is right!!

No comments: