Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Three Cheers for Moms!!!

This Mother's Day was one of the best ever for me.  To start off, Spencer came in my room around 7: 30 a.m. with a piece of toast with raspberry jam and a glass of orange juice on a white tray.  He said, "Happy Mother's Day, Mom!  Oh, this is just an appetizer before breakfast!"  How cute is that?  It was the perfect way to start of my day.  Then,  Tom had all of his Sunday morning meetings canceled and was able to stay home with us.  That was one of the best gifts ever!  


 Tom and Kelsey went out and bought me some fun new workout clothes!  Yeah!  But, my all-time favorite gifts are the ones my kids make.  I have kept every one.  I just can't get enough of them!
 Probably one of the most special gifts this year, aside from the kids artwork, a beautiful poem by Kelsey, and an awesome card from Kohler, was a gift from Tom.  Last month, I had the unique opportunity to go to the Salt Lake Temple and spend some time in the sealing room where Tom and I were married for eternity over 20 years ago.  I remember walking into the room and specifically looking at the doorknob and how beautiful it was.  I noticed the detailed hand-carved artwork and thought, "I wish I could just have one of these doorknobs at my house to always remember how much I love this temple!"  I know that sounds silly, but I really did think that.  Then, the very next day, my mom and I were shopping at White Elegance for some trek clothes.  I walked up to the cashier and there before my eyes, was a replica of the SLC Temple doorknob, mounted on a piece of white marble.  I couldn't believe it!  I wanted it SO badly but since I was dropping a bit of cash on some trek clothes for 4 people, I didn't bring it home with me.  When I got home I told Tom all about it and how much I loved it.  Then Tom, being the gadget wizard he is, quickly made a note of it on his phone and began the very next day to hunt one down for me.  He found one at a much cheaper price and bought one for me (and his mom :) for Mother's Day.  Wow - my very own doorknob!!!

I really, really LOVE this!

 Kohler, well, let's say, he's not been the best at writing me cards.  I always tell him every year, "All I want is a card with your writing on it so I can keep it forever."  This year . . . Kohler delivered (with no prodding from Tom (a miracle!) and boy was it ever special.  

 Kelsey is taking calligraphy in her art class right now and she wrote me the sweetest letter.  Kelsey has always been one to write me sweet notes and I cherish every one!  She even wrote a poem that she made up all by herself.  It's titled, "I Wish."


I wish I could tell you how much I love you
I wish I could tell you all the hard things that you do
I wish you could see how much you mean to me
I wish you could see that you're the Mom for me!

I do see that I'm the Mom for her---I knew that the minute she was laid in my arms.  (and, this little sweetheart tells me how much she loves me every single day)
 When all of the gifts were opened, Tom said, "Tamara, let's make pancakes.  Can you get the griddle down?"  I went over to get out my griddle which is falling apart, doesn't heat evenly, and there is a short in the electrical plug.  When I opened the cupboard, there was a brand new griddle, wrapped and waiting for me!  What a cool surprise!!
 I love surprises!!!
 This is just a funny picture I took on my new griddle.  It just looked like a bra with two yellow bahoobies on it!  ha ha!!!  My kids got embarrassed when I took a picture of it!
 Here is lovely Kelsey practicing her Mother's Day talk.  She did such a great job.  I was super proud of her!





My sisters and mom got me some gift cards to Banana Republic for my birthday (back in February) and I finally used them this last weekend to buy myself two new blouses.  I love the color of this one!

 A few weeks ago, when I returned from Utah, there were love notes to ME all over the house!  I couldn't take them down, at least until Mother's Day was over.  Actually, they are still up.  I just love reading them!


 I can't write a Mother's Day blog without thanking my own angel mother for being the most wonderful person in the world to me.  She gave me the most incredible childhood and I will be forever grateful to her for loving me like she does.  I love you mom!!
I also want to thank my other mom, Tom's mother.  She has been my mother-in-law for over 20 years now and has blessed our family so greatly.  I love her and I am so thankful to her for raising such a wonderful man as Tom.  


I am so blessed to have these special women in my life and to be a mother of four amazing children.  What a wonderful Mother's Day!!

No comments: