Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The results are in . . .

Spencer and Kelsey had their piano lessons today and received their judges scorecards.  Can you guess how Spencer did by the look on his face??



He passed his theory test and the judge gave him "Superior" marks which is the highest you can receive for his age group.  Wow!  I knew he played really well and wasn't surprised at all.  But, since this was our first time, I didn't know what to expect from the judges.  I read all of the judge's comments and critiques and he was right on (in my opinion!).  He received a "1" on ALL of his songs.  (the scoring is 1 is superior and it goes down to 5).  He plays with such strength and his dynamics are really great!  We are SUPER proud of Spencer!  He felt pretty good about it today on his way to school.  What a confidence booster!


Kelsey also did really well.  She had a rough go on her theory test but did the best she could with the high level she was put in.  She also played her very best and I knew she had done a great job.  She only received a participant ribbon, though, because one of her pieces was not memorized.  She didn't have time being in all of the plays and musicals she did last semester.  But, the judge awarded her "1 or 2" on her pieces which was extremely awesome for her.  I was SO pleased for her to have stuck it out and not quit.  She had so much going on this semester that at times, she wasn't sure if she could do it.  I am super proud of all Kelsey has accomplished.  She is such a beautiful player with an extremely nice touch.  Next year, both kids will be even better prepared because they know what to expect.  
By the way----I never got these cool ribbons when I was a kid!  What's up with that???

No comments: