Friday, March 23, 2012

Tonight is Opening Night for Seussical!

Kelsey and Spencer have been rehearsing ever since the week after "The King and I."  They are in a fun musical called, "Seussical, the Musical."  It's a wacky show--just like Dr. Seuss but the music, costumes, and sets are really FUN!  This is a picture of rehearsal one week ago and the show was very rough---(I was a little nervous to be honest!)


 But last night, my mom and I went to the full dress rehearsal and honestly, it BLEW US AWAY!  The costumes and wigs are SO fun to look at and the music just makes you want to get up and dance.  It is a show full of color and energy!  They have worked so hard this last week and it really shows.  We were totally impressed! 
Spencer is wearing a hat and khaki shorts and Kelsey is behind him on the other side of the stage.  This was taken two nights ago.  


 Spencer missed dress rehearsal last night but is ready for the show. His fourth grade class went to the Grand Canyon and they are coming home today.  I just hope the bus isn't late so he can make it on time!  I am so glad Tom was able to go with him.  Next week I will post some pictures of their trip.  But, check this out first . . .


 Last Sunday, we all came home from church and it was raining (one of our favorite things!).  As we were eating dinner with my parents, Hailey said, "Hey, I see a rainbow!"  We all went to the window to check it out and found that it was actually a DOUBLE RAINBOW! how cool is that??

 It put us in such a good mood that we decided to make creme brulee and try out my new torch Tom got me for my birthday.  It was awesome!
 It's been a busy week---I helped my mom watch my nephew, Keegan, so they could go on a quick trip to California.  It was a lot of fun having him around!
 All the kids were so kind to him.  He is such a sweet little guy.
 One of the greatest moments of this week was hearing my mom play the piano and Hailey sing.  They must have done this for about 45 minutes and they went through every primary song Hailey knows.  My favorites were, "Tell me the stories of Jesus," "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus," and "I am a child of God."  It was a precious moment of time for me to hear my sweet daughter sing so pretty while my angel mother played for her.  
Yesterday, before school, my mother had a nice talk with Hailey.  She told her how much we all loved her and how much her mommy loves her.  Hailey told her grandma that one day she wasn't being very nice and that her mommy (me) thought she didn't love mommy very much because of how she was acting.  Hailey said that she really did love me and this is what she told her grandma (and my mom wrote this down so she wouldn't forget it)  
"I love my mom to infinity.  I have loved her every day I lived, even when I was in her tummy, even before I didn't know what she looked like, I still loved her!"  
What a little sweet angel girl to say those things. I am so blessed to have her in my life! 

This is a short video of Hailey singing "I am a Child of God."  Watch what she does---it melts my heart every time.

No comments: