Thursday, March 29, 2012

Seussical is On Again!


The curtain rises . . . the music starts . . . and I get all choked up to the point that I cannot speak . . . because I am so completely proud of my kids and this amazing cast!


 Today Spencer and Kelsey had to be at the theater by 8 a.m. and they did two matinee performances for over 1,750 elementary school students!  Incredible, isn't it?  The kids cheered SO loudly for them you would have thought Justin Bieber entered the building!  It was crazy!!!  Anyway, it was such a great experience for them. I came and spent the entire day helping to usher in those 1,750 students!  Wowzers . . .

 I wish every night they had a crowd like this size!
 After each show, the entire cast came up and they did a question and answer session.  One kid asked "Where did all the costumes come from?"  Then, our sweet costume mistress, who NEVER gets recognition, just happened to be on the wings of the stage and they pulled her out front to receive a grand applause for her efforts!  It gave me chills------SO COOL!!
 There is Spencer, with Kelsey right behind him.  What a ham!  Seriously, he is hilarious to watch on stage and Kelsey is such a great dancer!  I think I've seen the show well over 10 times, and I'm still not bored of it.  

 Just look at the workmanship of those adorable "who" people's dresses and hair!


 They greeted the kids as they left the theater and all felt like SUPERSTARS!   
It was a "Terrific-al Seussical" day. 

No comments: