Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring Flowers!

 I LOVE planting spring flowers!  There is just something about digging in the dirt and being outside on a beautiful spring day that makes me so happy. :)  
 One of my favorite things is to see how our bougainvillea come back after going dormant in the winter.  The bright fuschia color just stands out against our home and I feel like I'm in Hawaii when I look at the blossoms!  (on the down side, it's the messiest plant in the world!  But, when it's in bloom, you can't beat it's majesty!)
 Petunias and marigolds are true winners.  They are pretty hard to kill and usually do really well for me.  The larger pink/red flowers have actually shriveled up already.  (I planted these 2 weeks ago)  They were gorgeous when I planted them, but something must have gone wrong so I'll need to replace them.  That kinda bugs me . . .
But, for the most part, I am happy with how it turned out.  It's just so fun to drive by our home and see splashes of color out front!

THIS FLOWER, however, is my most FAVORITE OF ALL!

No comments: