Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!





Today I turned 42 . . .  I just can't believe it.  Some days I feel much younger than that and other days I feel much older than that--ha ha!  I am just so grateful that the Lord has allowed me to live at least 42 years on this earth with a husband that I adore and four wonderful children that fill my life with complete JOY.


This is my little family, five years ago.  It's amazing how much we have all changed in just five years!




Today for my birthday, I have decided to do:
1.  Something I really should do
2.  Something I really like to do
3.  Something I've needed to do
4.  Something I love to do and hardly give myself time to do it


So, I after the kids went off to school (and I convinced them that they really couldn't stay home with me even if it was my birthday!--two of my kids really wanted to though!), I checked off #1 and went to a one hour Body Pump weight lifting class.  I like going but it's not at the top of my list of favorite things to do.  But, it's something I really should do and I was glad I went because my sister, MaryKay, ended up teaching the class and it was SO much fun to talk to her afterwards!


Then, for #2, I really wanted to go for a bike ride.  I got home and all of a sudden, this crazy windstorm came on hard and strong!  It's actually still going on outside.  So, my bike ride will have to be postponed for a while because I don't feel like swallowing dust and bugs on my bday bike ride.


#3 - Something I've needed to do---I finally, at age 42, scheduled my first mammogram.  (cheers, applause!)  I am going to get my test done on Thursday.  The receptionist said there was availability for today, but getting my girls squished flat is not on my list of fun bday things to do!


#4 - I love to play my piano.  I try to sit down and play at least once a day but I am so task oriented that laundry, emails, and other chores seem to take precedence in my mind and I neglect the very thing that brings me so much joy.  So, today, before my kids get home, I am going to sit down and play my heart out.  I can't wait!


Tom is still in San Diego at a fabulous Orthodontic Course.  He has been there since Friday.  I miss him so much but I'm so glad he is learning a lot of great stuff for our practice.  We decided to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday night when he gets back.  My kids felt bad this morning that there were no birthday plans for after school.  But I told them, that the best birthday present I could ever get on my special day was that EACH one of them were righteous, kind, honest, fun, and loving children.  I couldn't have asked for a more happy life than the one I am living right now . . . and that, right there, puts "the icing on the cake" for me today.