Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day!
Valentine's Day is always a special occasion in our home, but this year it is especially meaningful.  I love this holiday because, of course, it's centered around LOVE.  I have so much love in my heart for my sweet family.  I adore my children and I am still crazy about my husband which makes today even more sweet!  :)  

But, there is another reason why I love today so much, especially this year.  20 years ago today (I can't believe I just said 20!), I received my endowments in the Provo Temple.  It was the day before we were married and I could not have been more excited!  (or skinny!---Where has that little waist gone?  ha ha)

Receiving my endowments in the temple and my temple attendance ever since that day is one of the greatest gifts my Father in Heaven has given me.  Making those sacred covenants in the temple is what strengthens my marriage, my testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ, and helps me want to live worthily so I can live with them eternally someday.

Today is also a day for fun gifts and surprises, too!  Tom bought Kelsey, Hailey, and I some beautiful roses which we LOVE!

 I also dread the day I take down my garland from Christmas.  So, this year I thought I'd decorate it up for Valentine's Day (thus putting that day off even longer!)

 Since the kids worked SO hard to make our show such a success, we thought it would be fun to reward them with some extra fun Valentine Treats!
 This is for Spencer---
 This is for Hailey!
 This is for Kelsey!
 This is for Kohler!  (what else do you give a 16 year old boy for Valentine's Day??  a gift card to get some bbq wings!!!)

I hope everyone out there is enjoying their loved ones as much as I am today.  I wish I could personally give a hug to everyone who has touched my life and shown love to me.  I am working on it . . . one hug at a time!  :)