Saturday, September 25, 2010

Smells like Autumn

I absolutely LOVE candles!  When there is a sale at Bath and Body Works, I get my year's supply of scents and I burn them all year long.  I really love the spicy scents because they remind me of holiday times.  So, even though it is going to be 105 degrees AGAIN today, I'm going to burn my Spiced Cider candle to help me pretend like it's fall.  I'm just longing to see the fall colors up in Utah.  I miss that so much!!

Tom is up at BYU this weekend enjoying the Alumni Conference.  He and I are the presidents of the Phoenix BYU Alumni Chapter.  It's a fun job (volunteer job :) but it is taking a lot of our time.  It's really hard to juggle 4 kids, a business, church callings, and volunteer jobs.  We like being busy, especially for good causes, but Tom and I may be re-thinking where we want to spend a lot of our time--especially while our kids are still home with us.  :)  Anyway, the kids had so many activities going on this weekend that I couldn't make it up to Utah with him.  I miss him terribly . . .

I am really looking forward to the Relief Society General Broadcast tonight.  I always love hearing the beautiful music and listening to our leaders.  They inspire me.  Tonight I think I will work more on my 2009 photo album and think about whether or not I should start a vegetarian diet on Monday.  I need to lose some weight---but that is not very fun to think about.  So, I'll just think about seeing Tom on Sunday morning--that's more fun!  The kids have their primary sacrament meeting program this Sunday.  Good times!!!

Tom playing "bear" with the kids.  They don't know how
lucky they are to have a dad like him!!

No comments: