Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Confession

OK - so I have a confession to make . . . I am really trying to lose some weight before summer hits.  (well, it was 96 degrees out today so it feels like summer right now! ha) but I mean, before I head to family reunions, vacations, etc.  But tomorrow is my little boy's 10th birthday and I am not going to make him sacrifice just because I am dieting!  He is going to have his cake and eat it too!!  So, we looked through cookbooks together after school and he chose a real doozy----Chocolate brown sugar cake with caramel filling.  What word in that title doesn't sound absolutely divine?  Well, off I went to make the cake.  I thought I would get the cake baked today then I could still go to the temple tomorrow (LOVE my "Temple Thursdays!") and come home, frost the cake and be ready for his family dinner party.  So, in went the melted chocolate, butter, brown sugar, eggs, and lots of other good stuff.



Yeah . . . it was REALLY good stuff.  The insanely good smell of chocolate was more than this mom could handle.  So, after pouring the batter into the cake pans, I did what any normal starving mother would do.  I locked myself in my pantry and licked the bowl CLEAN!  Not one drip did I share with my kids nor did they even know I was in there.  My little daughter came home from her music class and called my name in the kitchen, "Mom! . . . Mom! . . . . . . ."  I didn't make a sound for I knew if I did, the yummy chocolatey remnants would have to be shared.


So, yes---I probably gained 2 pounds from licking the spatula and cleaning that bowl-----but you know, some things in life are just too good and must be enjoyed.  (psst . . . don't tell my kids about this! ha ha!)

No comments: