Thursday, June 7, 2012

You smile . . . I smile!!!

The last Wednesday before school got out, I was at my gym on the treadmill.  I hadn't walked for more than 2 minutes when a commercial came on the TV advertising that Justin Beiber was performing live in Phoenix on September 29th and that pre-sale tickets were going on sale, that day!  

I grabbed my keys and water bottle and booked it right out of there.  You see, Kelsey has never been to a concert before.  It's not something I'm sad about either.  I think there are some great things about live concerts but there are also some very sketchy things that go on at live concerts that I'm not particularly sad she hasn't been exposed to yet.  But, a lot of her friends have gone and many have seen Justin Bieber in concert before.  So---she is 14 and now is the perfect time for her.  I was determined to get these tickets and I was on a mission.  Pre-sale tickets went on sale at 12 noon MST which was 11 a.m. my time.  I sat on that computer and phoned my sisters to get them in on the deal too.  

At 10:58 a.m. I logged in to Ticketmaster.  I was ready.  As I began to search for the button that said "purchase tickets not" I could not find it.  11:05 came and went.  11:10 came and went.  Now I am dying!   After a lot of phone calls and STRESS with Ticketmaster, it looked like we weren't getting any tickets. Big ticket companies and corporations scooped them up and now I would have to wait until the public sale on Saturday, which meant, I would be buying them for triple the price on Craigslist.  ugh!!!

Then, for some reason, I thought of googling the Justin Bieber concert just to see what would come up.  Arenaglendale.com  was advertising tickets and when I got on their website, sure enough---they had a TON for sale! I couldn't believe it! I quickly called my sister and we were able to buy what we needed, and for a decent price, comparatively--for a JB Concert.  (I just checked that same website yesterday and the tickets are exactly triple what we paid for them!)  I couldn't wait to tell Kelsey after school and I knew she would have fun telling her friends so here is the text I sent her (oh, and by the way, "OMG" around our house is "Oh My Gosh!" - We tell the kids to try and not use it because most people use it taking the Lord's name in vain---but I guess this time she was totally surprised and it was a OMG moment!!!)




When her daddy came home, Kelsey threw her arms around him to thank him.  It was a lot of money to spend on tickets and she was SUPER grateful!!!!


So, later that night, I caught the girls "celebrating" by roasting marshmallows over the stove!  ha ha!!!



You Smile . . . I Smile!!! (one of my favorite Justin Bieber songs!)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You are definately in the 'Best Mom Ever!" category, and Tom hits the 'Awesome Dad' for funding it!