Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Happy 70th Birthday Dad!










 HAPPY 70TH BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEET DAD!
Last Saturday, June 2, my sweet daddy turned 70 years old.  I can hardly believe it!  We are having a big family celebration this Friday night in California in conjunction with Luke's baptism and Noel's baby blessing (Suzanne and Tony's kids)  The photo here was taken 4 years ago and it feels like yesterday.  Time is WHIZZING by and I want to put on the brakes so badly . . .
I am so thankful that my parents are still so in love with each other after 46 years of marriage!
 I have been working on a photo album as a gift for him.  It has been so much fun going through photos and even the ones my siblings email to me for the book.  All of my sisters and brother even wrote a nice birthday message to him and I put that in the book as well.  I really hope he likes it!   As I looked at the photos, I noticed that he has been present for all of the major events in my children's lives.  I mentioned that to him the other day when we were talking and he told me that he has a good LDS friend who would never drive far or take a plane just to see a baptism or blessing of one of his grandkids.  He told my dad, "Aw, I just tell my kids, ' just send me a photo'."  Can you believe it?  I thought all dads were like mine---but I guess I am sadly mistaken.  My heart goes out to anyone who doesn't have the support and love from a father like mine.   
Here's my daddy and me wolfing down a Hula Pie at Sunnyside, Lake Tahoe.




Dad with newborn Hailey.
Spencer as the captain of Grandpa's Boat on Lake Tahoe!!

Showing off their bounty from fishing on Lake Tahoe.

Kohler and his grandpa playing a serious game of tether-ball!

 My dad has been such an influence on our children.  He is their only living grandpa on this earth and because of that, he really tries to go above and beyond in his role as "grandfather."  I love him for that!
 My dad is all about making memories.  That was a top priority for him as a father.  He held many busy callings, Stake YM President, Bishop, Counselor in Stake Presidency----but still made our family his main calling in life!

 I am eternally grateful to have a dad who loves me so much and would do anything for me.  I still need him around . . . and I hope and pray he will be here for many more "memory making" moments to come!  Happy Birthday Dad!!


No comments: