Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Awesome California Weekend!!

Friday morning . . . 3:15 a.m. . . .  Tom wakes me up and says, "Honey, it's time to get up.  You can sleep in the car---I'll get the kids up."  I let Tom get to bed early and I stayed up packing last minute stuff so we could get on our way super early to get MAXIMUM BEACH TIME!!

 With a potty stop and a grocery stop, we were on the beach by 10 a.m.  That's pretty awesome if you ask me!!
 We went to Salt Creek Beach (one of our favorites) and I fell in love with this tree.  It looks like the bottle brush bushes we have in AZ but more full and with a trunk that has personality!


 Yes - we all relaxed and got really sunburned! (even with sunblock--we stayed ALL day and forgot to re-apply :)
 (I just LOVE this swim suit on Kelsey!)



 Mom and Dad finally came later in the afternoon with Suzanne, Tony and their kids.  We finally got to see our new baby niece, Noel!  She was absolutely adorable!
 I got to hold her on the beach, listen to the lull of the waves with the cool breeze-- and needless to say . . . I was in heaven!

More pics to come!!

No comments: