Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Why does time have to fly so fast?

This morning, I had a really hard time getting up.  It's either I want to stay in "vacation mode" or the excruciating body pump weight class that my body is recovering from today.  But, I knew the task ahead of me today (taking down "Christmas") and it is just depressing.  I am usually a mover in the morning and my kids hear me say, "C'mon, let's go!  Hurry----"  But this morning, I just didn't want my little ones to leave.  I came out to the living room with my snuggly pink blanket and called to them.  Both Spencer and Hailey came running in and laid down on the couch with me.  We snuggled and talked as I kissed their little foreheads for at least 20 minutes.  I didn't want it to end.  
Why does time have to fly so fast?  Christmas was so wonderful but at the same time, the entire month seemed like a blur.  It is so jammed packed with events that are wonderful. But after the events are over, I want the feeling to linger because at the time, I was so caught up in the preparation of it all.  Now I can slow down . . . and it's over.  Well, the season may be over, but the Spirit of Christmas doesn't have to be over, right?  As I laid there with my little children I felt such a love for them and for my Savior for blessing me with their lives.  And even though they will be with me for only a short while, that time is so precious and is such a GIFT----one I am eternally grateful for.  

Well, enough of the serious, contemplative stuff-------here are some more fun pictures of our trip to Utah!


 My cute Kohler.  I am so proud of the young man he is becoming.

 Kelsey and Sydne making crazy dance moves on the ice rink in Midway.

 McKenna, Sydne, and Kelsey - they are SO lucky to have each other!

 Kohler just 'loves' it when I ask to have more pictures taken!  ha ha

 Here's our cute little Keegan with his daddy, Tim.  Tim is such a great brother to me and Tom.  We've known him for almost 20 years now!
 Aw . . . Melanie at her best!  ha ha

 Fun Family Time
 I love this picture of me and my daddy.  He is such a great dad and I love him so much!
 Suzanne was an amazing chef on our trip.  She made the most delicious bbq beef brisket.  I'm telling you----it was better than I've had at restaurants.  Soooooo good!!  (she is pregnant with a little girl!  Can't wait to meet her!)

 Christmas Cousin Exchange-----in a word, it was . . . CRAZY!!!
 Crazy, but still really fun to see all the cousins hug each other after opening their gifts.  Lots of love in our family!
 Sweet little Hayden
 Olivia and Hailey - little buddies!
 Rylie and Hailey- Rylie is a friend to EVERYONE!
 Kohler and Luke 
 Kelsey and Olivia