Thursday, January 5, 2012

School Starts 2012

Today my kids all left for school.  Kohler has a sinus infection and has been on medication for 2 days now so hopefully he will make it through the day today.  Spencer woke up not feeling well at all and I am just waiting for the school nurse to call me to come pick him up.  I gave him some cold medication and told him to do the best he could at school today.  (I really want to go to the temple today!)  I just pray that the nurse doesn't try to call me while I am in the temple and I miss it.  I'm not sure what to do . . .


Anyway, I do miss my kids.  I love having them around.  But, even with my sentimental heart, it was time for them to go today.  Yesterday I realized it was time for them to go back.  They were ready (even though they don't say they were!).  Today would have just been more video games and hanging out with friends.  3 days is enough of that!


We had a really great time at the cabin in Midway, Utah.  It was beautiful and housed all of us really well.  There wasn't any snow, though, so we weren't able to go skiing or build snowmen.  We even tried sledding at Soldier's Hollow but it wasn't that great.  The man-made snow was too slushy because it was too warm.  (I didn't complain once about it being too warm!  I hate being cold . . .)

 Will,  Spencer, Luke, and Nate
 Maya and Olivia
 Hailey and Rylie
 There really was NO snow. . .
 Here is the back of the cabin where we stayed.  It was awesome!
 Melanie and Suzanne at a natural hot spring!
 This just shows how warm it was.  The ponds weren't completely frozen over and Hailey wasn't even wearing a jacket!!


I will put up more pictures of our trip throughout the week.  I am grateful to have family that I love being around.  That is such a wonderful blessing.