Thursday, December 22, 2011

Spreading a little holiday "CHEER!"

Yesterday, I hosted a holiday party for Kelsey's new cheerleading squad.  It turned out to be such a fun party!  I really wanted to get to know the girls a little better and have them come in our home and feel the Spirit.  (especially at Christmas!)


 We had a hot cocoa bar complete with flavored syrups, marshmallows, and yummy toppings.  It was a big hit!



 The girls all brought snack foods like chips, salsa, cookies, veggie trays, chicken wings . . . there was SO much food!!  Then, the cheer coach showed up with 5 pizzas!  Wow!!
 The girls each had a "secret sister" and gave presents to each other.  
 That is Coach Miller on the left in the red and black.
 Spencer braved the girls to come and get some food!!
 This is Darcy and Kelsey was her secret sister.  The girls really are super sweet to each other.
 This is Sam and she made this blanket for Kelsey as her secret sister.  Kelsey hasn't taken this blanket off of her shoulders since yesterday.  She loves it!

 After the gift exchange, I had the girls do a quick and easy craft.  I showed them how to make a scented sugar scrub.
 They were mixing 1 cup sugar to 1/2 cup sunflower oil then added a drop of food coloring, and drops of scent.  Some girls chose peppermint, tangerine, vanilla lavender, but the most popular was the cucumber melon!

 I found these really cute jars at IKEA and they were able to take them home as a fun party favor.
Here are all of the jars lined up.  Didn't they turn out cute?
 After getting their hands soft and smelling sweet, they all went outside to do some stunts and cheers.

 Darling Girls!

 I overheard some of the girls saying that this was the best party ever and that last year's cheer party was really dumb.  Kelsey wasn't on the squad last year but I am glad that the girls really liked it this year.  Coach Miller was SUPER nice and I really loved getting to know her.

I was so happy to do this for my little girl.  I love her so much!  I have to thank my mom because throwing this party was her idea.  Thanks Mom!!!