Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Caroling, Caroling Now We Go!

It has finally felt like winter here in Gilbert!  It has rained for two days straight and stayed in the 40's and low 50's.  We are loving it!  So, last night we all put on our gloves, hats, and scarves and went caroling.  We delivered some goodies to our friends and neighbors and made it such a fun night!


 Even little Rider was all dressed up in the holiday spirit!!  So cute!! He was actually the "hit" of the night.  All the little kids we visited loved Rider!
 Here's the fam getting ready to go out and carol.  
 Tom looks so handsome in his long winter coat and Hailey looks like the "cookie monster" in her new hat!
Tom even has his Jingle Bells ready to go!
 I decided to take Elder Uchtdorf's advice and "simplify" the best I can.  And since I can't make playing for stake conference go away, or make the ward party where I have a musical responsibility go away, or make subbing for cub scouts, or BYU events, or teaching Relief Society this Sunday, etc. etc. go away . . . I have to simplify what I can.  :)   Sooooooo - I am not taking around baked goods this year for our neighbor gifts.  (gasp!!!)

 I decided that Sweet's Orange Sticks are one of our family favorites.  They are relatively inexpensive and would make a nice gift.  So, this is what we are delivering.

 Wow - do I ever LOVE my kids!!!!

Last night was one of those great Christmas "moments."  After our first house, Kohler said, "Wow - that was pretty fun!"  Little did he know we had 8 more houses to go!  ha ha!  But, they were all great sports and we actually had a really fun time bringing holiday cheer to our friends and neighbors.  When we got home, the mood in the home was HAPPY and nice things were being said.  I took note . . .Yes, this was a very good idea for Family Night.  :)

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

just checking to see if I can comment.

what a fun FHE. sometimes I wish I could "simplify" and give out store bought treats (those orange sticks are the best) but I think I am not allowed.

Anonymous said...

PS- I had ZERO problems commenting under my google account.

In the past, after I had read your blog, it would have me sign in to post a comment, then I would get a screen telling me that I was not authorized to see that page. It seems to like me today. I'm attempting to post this as anonymous just to see.

nicholas said...

me again. I'm not sure if it was on purpose, but I can't figure out how to comment on your latest post. I just wanted to say "you're totally welcome!" for the caramels, and mention how cute I thought those pictures are. But there is no option to comment. I don't know if that's on purpose cause you don't want comments on that particular post, but I couldn't figure out where that little "comments" link to click is at the bottom of the post.

Kirsten said...

not nick. Kirsten.