Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Catch-Up

Wow - so much has happened ---it's time to play Christmas Catch-up!  


Yes . . . the long awaited "Elf on a Shelf" has come to our house.  Kelsey has been dying to get one and finally, an elf has decided to come to our home.  We got out our book and read all about what to do.  The first thing you need to do before the elf can get his magic is give him a name . . .


 We named him, "HERBIE."  (maybe because in the Rudolph movie, Herbie was an elf who wanted to be a dentist?? ha!)
Herbie has been watching over us and making sure everyone in our house is being good.  Also, he's making sure we all BELIEVE.  That is where he gets his magic to fly home to Santa every night and tell him what we have been doing.

The kids have left notes for him and ask him all sorts of questions.  This morning they found a really nice note from Herbie and he is SO happy that he is OUR very own elf!


Last Thursday, Kelsey had her very first cheerleading experience.  She made the 8th grade Boy's Wrestling Cheer Squad.  




She looked so pretty out there and had the highest kicks on the team!  Tom and I got choked up watching her out there.  It was pretty cool!

So, check out Spencer's new retainer!  Gotta love the Y!!


 This is Spencer's completed Native American Dwelling.  He chose to make a clay hut in the Hohokam Style.  Tom really helped Spencer design and build the whole thing.  It turned out great!
Today, Tom came home for lunch.  I absolutely LOVE it when he is able to come home for lunch.  After we ate, we snuggled on the couch and talked about the kids and what they are each getting for Christmas.  I am truly so happy.  I love my life.  I love my husband and I know he loves me.  I love my children and am so grateful they are in my life.  


Tom moved everything out of our Utah house this last Friday and Saturday.  He said he felt like it was a real spiritual weekend.  He listened to "The Lamb of God" while he packed and just being up in the mountains brings us both closer to the Spirit.  I hope we can keep that spirit in our home this week as we get closer to Christmas. Tonight we are making neighborhood deliveries for FHE.  Should be fun!

No comments: