Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Something Sweet



If you know me, and you know me well, you know that I absolutely LOVE something sweet!  Especially at this time of year I go crazy with the homemade carmels (thanks Kirsten!), the fudge, the puffed rice balls (Chamberlain tradition!), the hot chocolate . . . the list goes on.  But there is one sweet thing that really trumps everything else.  (it even trumps a ghiradelli hot fudge sundae!!) . . . that is, coming home and seeing my children being sweet and nice to each other.
 I have told my kids time and time again that there is nothing else in this world that puts a smile on my face and warms my heart faster (well, other than Tom! :)  than my kids treating each other with love and kindness.
 I came home on Sunday after a rather stressful stake conference for me.  I had to play the organ and a lot of weird things happened with the director and I was pretty emotional.  I walked in the door and here was my oldest son, helping his little 5 year old sister on the piano.  I stopped dead in my tracks and just soaked it all in.
 They were playing duets together.  Hailey would show Kohler her song, then Kohler would show her what he was playing.  Then, she decided to "teach" him her music lesson songs.  
 Without being asked . . . without even being suggested . . . Kohler showed kindness to little Hailey and my mood instantly lifted.


I am thankful for people who have shown love and kindness to me.  Oftentimes it doesn't take much or a lot of time.  But oh . . . does it mean SO much. . .