Monday, May 20, 2013

What happens in Vegas . . .


It has been YEARS since we had a GIRLS TRIP so this year we decided to bite the bullet and just DO IT!
I have the most amazing mother and equally amazing sisters who I LOVE to spend time with.  None of us were having babies (Mary Kay is pregnant) but none of us were nursing and couldn't leave home so we decided that the first weekend in May would be our Girls Weekend!
I love my sweet mama!!
We decided on Las Vegas because it was a pretty central location for us all and fairly inexpensive with the airfare from Allegiant Airlines.  :)

Suzanne surprised us with matching pink, fuzzy slippers and chocolates, then Melanie brought more chocolates from Idaho--which only added to our giddiness and we talked for hours before we finally fell asleep!  My mom got a suite for us that slept 6 people so we could all be in the same room.  
L to R - Suzanne, Melanie, MaryKay, and Tamara (me)
The first morning we headed over to the Venetian to have breakfast at Bouchon.  I had the apple custard french toast and it was divine!
All fueled up-----we hit the shopping!!!
Poor MaryKay ---we ran her everywhere and by late afternoon, she was exhausted!!  (doesn't she look like Snow White sleeping there?  She is so beautiful!)

For dinner we ate at an amazing Italian Restaurant near the Mall.
I had to give her bum a little squeeze to remind her of the crazy event of the night!!
After dinner, we walked out of the restaurant only to have some random guy come over and grab my sister Suzanne's behind!  She thought it was my sister, Melanie, so she said, "Oh, well thank you!"  Then, when she saw it was a strange guy, her face turned bright red and we all seriously cracked up!!! 




Ahh - The Bellagio
It's just incredibly beautiful!
The next day we headed over to Mandalay Bay to swim and have a brunch/lunch.  It was super hot outside so the pool felt great!!
 Dressed up that night to go to the awesome buffet at the Wynn Hotel and then see the show called "La Reve!"

These are the most amazing floral decorations I have ever seen.  Can you imagine them at a wedding reception? They were all real flowers.  This was in the lobby of the Wynn Hotel. 

Yes - this is the incredible dessert bar that we went absolutely NUTS over!!

I love my mother so much.  She wanted this weekend to be so special and she worked so hard to plan it all for us.  She is the best! I also love her because out of all the crab legs, shrimp, and other gourmet fare that was available, my mom opted for roast beef, mashed potatoes, and corn!  She says she still is an "Idaho Girl" at heart!!  I love it!

This is actually a cake decorated to look like Marie Antionette.  It was breathtaking.


The answer is, "Yes - I ate ALL of these desserts!"


I am a performer and have been all of my life.  I have been on the stage in multiple situations and have witnessed many musical shows and plays in my lifetime.  NEVER before have I seen ANYTHING like this show.  My mouth was open the entire time!!!  The entire stage turned into water and people dropped down from 9 STORIES high into that middle area.  They were the most highly trained acrobats/dancers/gymnasts who performed the most dangerous feats OVER WATER I have ever seen.  It was by far the most jaw-dropping show I have ever witnessed.  I can't wait to take Tom to see this.  As a former stage manager, he will go nuts watching what it takes to put on a show like this!







Well, for 4 girls and their mother left alone in Las Vegas, we were really, really good!  ha ha---The only crimes committed were we LAUGHED way too hard, ate WAY too much, and LOVED each other more for being together.  

 . . . I miss them already . . . 

No comments: