Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day


Sunshine on the left and Hailey Girl on the right!

Mother's Day is just one of those special days when you get to be treated like the queen.  I have fond memories of Mother's Day when I was a kid.  We would do pretty much the same things we are doing now---make mom a nice breakfast, make her cards or gifts from school, dad would buy her some fun things, then we would do dinner dishes for her.  I remember when I was really young, singing with the primary kids "Mother, I Love You" and I looked at my mom.  She was crying------so I started crying too.  I'm not sure at the time if I knew why I was crying . . . but I felt, even back then, that it had something to do with love because even now when I hear that song . . . I get a lump in my throat. 

Hailey with her cute Grandma Marshall

 Hailey's Pre-Kindergarten class gave the most darling program for the parents a week ago Friday.  Since Father's Day is in June, it was a program for both mothers AND fathers.  They sang about 10 songs, all memorized and all with actions.  My mom was in town and able to come.  Hailey kept introducing everyone saying, "Hey, this is MY grandma!"  It was very special for Hailey that her Grandma Marshall could be there.
Singing "Skid a ma rink a dink a doo" . . . I love you!

I have saved almost every picture she has given me.  I keep them in a binder or up on our art gallery wall.
They are priceless!
Tom and I also had a nice conversation with his mother, Mary.  I miss her.  I wish we lived closer so we could have her over more often.  I am hoping she will be able to come visit this summer but with Colby getting married, there may not be a lot of time for her to come down.  But I am looking forward to spending some time with her and the rest of our family up in Utah and in California.  I am so blessed to have such an incredible family---both the one I live with now and the one I grew up in.  Life is wonderful and I am so happy to be living it!

No comments: