Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Summer Stomping Grounds

 On our way back to Utah to drive home, I wanted to show everyone the darling little town where my mother grew up.  Rigby, Idaho.  I spent many summers here and this house holds many beautiful memories for me!  I got emotional as I began to think of my sweet grandparents and remembered how kind and loving they were towards me.


This was a maternity home right next to my grandparents home.  My aunt was born in this home and my mom was born just a few houses down the street.

This is the creepy church that Melanie and I would get scared walking past when we were little kids.  We swore we could hear voices singing as we passed by and it freaked us out!  ha ha!


This was my grandfather's medical clinic.  He (Aldon Tall) and his twin brother, Asael Tall were the doctors and it was called "Tall Family Medicine."  Now the clinic is empty and up for sale.  


Of course, I had to stop and have lunch at Broulim's Grocery Store.  The Broulims are my cousins and above is Camille Broulim Ricks and her darling family.  Below is a portrait of my beloved cousin, Richard Broulim who was killed in a car accident in 1989.  I still miss him terribly. . .


Melanie and her kids came to meet us at Broulims so we could all be together for lunch.  It was really fun!


Hailey and Rylie

Hailey and Keegan

Sydne Jade and McKenna



 Whenever I go back to Rigby, I have the most sweet memories of my Grandmother and Grandfather.  They were so kind to me and always treated us with such love.  Their home was a happy place for me to go.  Their basement was an adventure all in itself as my sisters and I would explore the caverns with all my grandparents old stuff stashed away in there.  I remember delicious roast beef dinners that my grandma would host in her beautiful dining room and the music that would fill the house afterwards.  Oh how I loved being there.  Rigby was my summer stomping grounds and I am so blessed that those memories are such a treasure to me.




No comments: