Friday, November 9, 2012

Mommy Day

About once a semester, I let my kids have a "Mommy Day" if they want.  Sometimes they are planned outings where we go to the zoo or the Science Museum but often times, they are just when we need to slow things down a little! Yesterday was one of those days :)

 (these pictures were taken a few days ago but I had to throw them in because she was so dang cute on that piano!)


 Yesterday morning I drove Spencer to the school around 6:45 a.m. to board charter buses for a field trip.  He was going with the 5th graders to Kartchner Caverns, Tombstone, Bisbee, and other fun places.  It's an overnighter field trip!
Here's Hailey being silly at Target - ha ha!
 When I got home I found little Hailey on the couch, crying.  I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I just miss Spencer.  I don't want to walk to the bus all by myself.  Spencer is always there if I get hurt or if I'm sad . . ."  My heart just swelled with joy to see the love she has for her older brother.  
 "Can I PLEASE have a Mommy Day?" she asked.
 Thursdays are my usual temple day but today, I needed to be with her.  I knew I was going again on Friday with Tom for a wedding but today was more important that I spend time with my little one.
 We picked out flowers at the store and she fell in love with the pansies!  Of course, I had to sing "Little Purple Pansies" to her!


 She kept watching this little purple pansy to make sure it was safe from the "bugs" she found in the dirt! 
 The cool breeze felt so nice and it even smelled good outside with those flowers.  We gave them a nice drink of miracle-grow to help them grow strong.  
 We played zoo on the floor in the toyroom with all of her animals and snuggled a bunch.  She is super clingy to me right now and I actually LOVE it.  
This morning we found a little birdie who finally figured out that we hung a bird feeder (that Spencer made with his Dad) about 5 days ago.  It has been vacant until this morning.  Hailey loves birds so this was the perfect thing for her to find.  She is such a precious little girl and I am so glad that I slowed down (which is hard for me to do) and spend a fun day with her.  

No comments: