Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The End of the School Year Has Come!

It's been about 2 weeks since my last post.  I've been to Girl's Camp and back (photos of that to come!) and we are well underway with summer vacation.  Yahoo!!!!!

Yes - finals are done and school is finally out.  I am SO glad!  I love summer when my driving schedule is dramatically cut by about half and I don't constantly worry about who has what test or a project due this week!

Kelsey went to a "school's out" party in our neighborhood that she thought would have been really fun but soon found out that some kids (even members of the church) lower their standards to impress (or fit in) with the crowd.  She came home early and in tears.  She had stood up for the values she believes in---she said, "Mom, I was the ONLY girl there in a tankini.  Everyone else had a bikini on."  The kids there also started playing a truth or dare game that got out of hand and that's when she left.  We had a really nice talk with her about how hard it is to stand for the right but how awesome it makes you feel when you DO the right thing!  Tom and I are so incredibly proud of her.  She is an Angel Daughter.  :)


Kohler had an "unplanned" swim party at our house.  I went to the high school to pick him up from his last final and saw one of his good friends there.  I offered to take him home and decided to grab them some lunch at In and Out.  Then, after a few phone calls and texts, we had about 8 boys over at our house--swimming and having a blast. I actually love having the kids over at our house---I prefer it that way!   After a few pizzas and rootbeer floats, they decided to have an airsoft gun war in the park.  Oh my gosh----these boys were in heaven.  I got a good laugh at how much they are in love with their muscles.  You might get a good laugh too when you see the photos!!!!


Here is how I would be dressed to play airsoft guns---those things sting!! Of course, he's the smallest guy in the bunch!

Kohler is the one in the middle.  His friends said it didn't matter if his face was covered or not---
they could tell who he was from his "six pack abs!"  ha ha

Conner, Sean, and Kohler

Spencer and Hailey joined in the fun playing with their friends and then some video games.  They pretty much left the big boys alone and did their own thing.  Good idea kids!


Mom, wait a minute to take the picture-----------

OK - now snap it with my mouth wide open!!!

Hailey with her "cuddly bear" friend from school. 

I LOVE HAVING MY KIDS HOME FOR THE SUMMER!!!

No comments: