Sunday, June 19, 2011

I have done the impossible----

Well, my sister Melanie and I have been working hard on a "cleanse" diet.  It started out with a 10-day cleanse (and it was truly a cleanse--yuck!) then a 14 day lean and fit where your calorie intake is dramatically reduced and mostly just protein with very little carbs.  We really wanted to lose some weight before we head up to our annual summer feeding fest!  It seems like every summer we gain about 5 pounds from all of the awesome eating out, traveling, and baking at mom's house!  We needed to get down so we can go back up!  ha  ha!  So anyway, during the last week of this diet, I was asked by 3 separate people to bring sugar cookies to two baby showers and one bridal shower.  Of all the weeks----sugar cookies are one of my all-time favorite things in the world and I have to make 5 dozen cookies????  What in the heck????


So, I have done the impossible----at least for me this seemed impossible.  I made all 5 dozen cookies without eating a single one!!!  I didn't even as much as lick the frosting! 

Even Kelsey made some incredible looking cupcakes for a family swim party and I stuck to eating my grilled turkey patties.  It was rough!!
 But, you know what?  I am down about 7.5 pounds and I feel REALLY good.  I actually would like to lose another 5 but that's going to have to happen when I get back.  We are headed to Florida and Tom and I go crazy on all of the great food at the different resorts.  It's heaven----------  But for now, I am glad I made the sacrifice.  It will hopefully pay off when I'm eating those chocolate crepes at Epcot!!!
By the way, here is what happened when I went to Girl's Camp for a week and nobody checked the garden.  We had a zucchini grow out of control!  I can't even imagine what I'm going to find after being gone for 5 weeks.  Yikes!

No comments: