Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Thanksgiving with the LaDuke Family


HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!  November is such a beautiful month to be in Arizona.  The weather has finally cooled down after a long, hot summer and there is excitement in the air with all of the holidays coming up!



Kelsey got a job at Sports Chalet.  She works at the cash register or helps customers in the back of the store.  She says she likes it there and has made a few friends but who knows how long she will keep this job.  We have a lot of family trips next Spring so we will see if she can balance school and work.
 We remodeled our living room--new paint, new curtains (which are still on order), new furniture and a new area rug.  I really like it!  I think it gives the room a fresh, lighter look and is much more modern compared to the Italian faux painting we had before.  I just hope Kohler likes it when he comes back from his mission!!
 We were so fortunate to have the LaDuke Family over for Thanksgiving.  We love their family and their kids make things so much fun!

 Elder Chamberlain is on every table at every meal---I like to look at his face and think of how grateful I am that he is serving SO far away from home.  I am so proud of my missionary son!

The next day, Black Friday, parakeets were 50% off so we decided to get Hailey's Christmas present a little early :)  She chose these two birds.  The green one is Bubbles and the blue one is Lola.  Lola is her favorite.  She is the sweetest bird!  Hailey will place her on her shoulder while she brushes her teeth or let her perch nearby while she reads.  She really is in love with this little bird.  It's the cutest thing to watch!!

 I am heading to Utah next week to sell my children's book at BYU Christmas Around the World concert in Provo.  It's an honor for me to be able to sell this book and I hope I can get the word out so others will want to buy it.
 Another returned package for Elder Chamberlain :(  This makes me SO SAD!!!
We took the kids to see Mary Poppins at the Hale Theater.  It was pretty good---nothing like the Disney version with Julie Andrews!!

No comments: