Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Priceless Memories

Last week the little ones had their annual Dr.exams.  Spencer is in the 75% for height and little Hailey, well she is in the 10%.  She is just bitty!  They were healthy (what a blessing :) and all was well.  When we got in the car, I looked back at their darling faces in the rearview mirror.  How could I possibly take them back to school on such a beautiful day?  I had no plans that I couldn't change ... so I got on the freeway and Spencer said, "Mom, this isn't the way back to school. Where are we going?"  I turned my head around and said, "Who wants to ditch school and go to the ZOO???!!!"  They both shouted, "We do!!!"  So, off we went to play hooky!  


Man--- do I love these kids!  They just melt my heart and I want to spend as much time with them as I can before they grow up and can't leave school as easily.  


 Look at the darling dimples on Spencer!  We fed sting rays some fish and shrimp.  It was a really wierd feeling!  Their mouths are underneath their bodies and it felt like a suction vacuum when they suck up the fish.  It sorta creeped us out!
 Hailey was naming off every Arizona bird she could find.  I noticed some adults were impressed she knew their correct names!  ha ha
 Yes - Hailey still loves the Komodo Dragon statue.  This has always been one of her favorite animals at the zoo.  The real one is just as big as the statue.  In fact, she asked for a stuffed animal Komodo Dragon one year from Santa and he found one for her!

 Hailey just HAD to have the eagle on the carousel.  

After the zoo, we headed over to Port of Subs and had a fun late lunch outside in the beautiful spring weather.  I will never regret leaving the house to be messy that day.  Spending time with my kids was a priceless memory for me!!

No comments: