Monday, April 22, 2013

Birthday for Mr. Spencer


Spencer turned 11 years old on Saturday!  We can hardly believe it.  

 Of course, we attacked his bedroom door with bday cards and pictures, as per Chamberlain Family Tradition, and then put up a few decorations around the house. 
 On the Friday before his birthday, it just happen to be "Crazy Sock Day" at his school.  So, he and Hailey sported the candy cane socks that Santa left in their stockings last Christmas.  They were extra fuzzy, extra soft, but extra HOT here in AZ!
 He no longer can use only 2 hands to show how old he is!  11 :)
 Yep - I brought Spencer his lunch of choice---McDonalds chicken nuggets with honey mustard sauce.  Yum--
 This is the best creation ever (aside from Spencer!!)---it's his Uncle Tony's favorite cake and when I told him what the ingredients were, he was ALL in!  It's a chocolate cake ( 4 layers) with chocolate pudding in between each layer, then chocolate whipped cream as frosting, and chocolate bar shavings as a garnish.  Wow!  What's not to like about that?!
 Spencer got some really fun new Lego sets.  He is done with the Star Wars line and wants to build a huge mountain with a castle up on the very top and a village down below, guarded by knights!  I LOVE his imagination!!

Spencer is now an official Boy Scout---no more cub scout shirt for him!
 On Saturday we had some friends over for a BBQ/swim party.  The weather was perfect and Rider kept hoping somebody, anybody would drop their hotdog on the ground!  ha ha!!!
 We played a really fun game where Tom and I would throw a ball at the boys and they had to catch it, and HOLD on to it while jumping off the waterfall.  They really got into the game and we gave prizes to the top three winners!
 Here is Spence - clutching on to that slippery ball!
 I just LOVE these boys!  



 Spencer's cousin, Nate, came to the party and it was super fun having him there hanging out with the big kids!


 Oh man - my mouth is watering just thinking about how delicious this cake was.  It's pretty deadly . . .but "death by chocolate ain't so bad", right? ha ha!
I tell ya - there is just really something special about Spencer.  I can't describe it in a blog---it's something deep within my heart.  But he is an extra amazing child and I know it must have been hard for Heavenly Father to part with him.  I'm just honored he sent Spencer to my home.  
 That night we all headed to Texas Roadhouse for a family birthday celebration.  Spencer got a dessert and had to sit on the saddle with everyone singing to him.  It was pretty funny!

This video just embraces everything I love about  Spencer.  I filmed him one morning practicing the piano.  He thought I was texting but I was really filming.  I just love his sense of humor!  He still is the Sunshine in my life!

HAPPY 11TH BIRTHDAY SPENCER.  WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!

No comments: