Thursday, October 21, 2010

Let's Play Music

 Today is a half day which means my kids will be home early.  Sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes it's a crazy thing!  (usually it's crazy!)  But this morning was nice and quiet.  Hailey and I worked on her homework for her music class, "Let's Play Music."  I LOVE this program.  It has the unique ability to integrate fun and play with musical concepts.  When my older children were younger I tried other programs and it just seemed to be a lot of "fluff"--lots of songs but no substance.  This class even challenges me learning the solfeggio hand signs and trying to sing them in reverse order when we sing "Do Re Mi."  They expect a lot out of their students and they rise to the challenge!  Hailey loves the music on the CD and we are having a lot of fun doing this class together as mother and daughter.  My good friend, Heather Prusse, is our teacher and she is absolutely fabulous.  I knew from the first trial class she gave that this was a perfect fit for Heather.  She is always prepared and has a passion for what she does.  I am just so glad she introduced us to this program!

Hailey getting her musical puppet show ready!


Daddy and Kelsey watching her show, "Alladin and the Magic Lamp."


One of her favorite parts is the minor section of the piece where she gets to put on a mean "Genie" face!





No comments: