Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Happy Rainy Wednesday!

Well, after getting my high school boy off to school and crying all the way home because some days he and I don't "click"---I called my husband and he gave me the best advice.  "Go hug your little ones, Tamara - they will give you strength."  Of course, Tom was right.  So I went and  helped Spencer work on a really tough piano piece that he has wanted to learn.  It's in Book 4 and right now he is in Book 1 so it's a challenge - but he is totally motivated and is actually doing a great job!  I sent him out the door and after about 3 minutes, RAIN came pouring down.  So, out the door I went, running in the rain in my flip flops praying I didn't slip and fall on the sidewalk---to give Spencer an umbrella.  When he saw me he yelled, "Mom--you brought me an umbrella!!"  He was SO happy!  I seriously love that kid!

Then, on the way home, a complete gift from heaven came in the form of a beautiful rainbow. 
I ran and grabbed Hailey to show her one of her most favorite things--but this time, in real life!  She always draws rainbows on her artwork and when you ask her what her favorite color is, she will say, "A Rainbow!" 


Last night, Kelsey played in a softball game for her YW Activity.  Our team won!  Hooray!  She got there late because she had dance and they ran out of yellow shirts for her.  Our ward is getting bigger each week--more families are moving in all  time. 
Last night I also caught Kohler doing something nice for Hailey (a moment when we "clicked" ha ha)  He read her a story so I could go see Kelsey's game.
Kohler's last football game of the season is tonight.  He said he was glad the practices will be over but at the same time he is sad it is all ending.  I think deep down Kohler has really enjoyed football.  It's just been a HUGE time commitment since last May.  It will be nice to have a break. :)


No comments: