Sunday, November 13, 2016

Spencer's Eagle Court of Honor


Hey this is Spencer and I am SO glad that I completed this amazing award.  I am so thankful for all of the people that came to support me at my Eagle Court of Honor.  My aunt Colleen and uncle Wade came and they helped prepare the refreshments after the Court of Honor.  My brother spoke during the Court of Honor and he spoke about how scouting has helped him throughout his life.  I'm so glad for a brother who got his Eagle Scout Award because now I can build a stronger connection to him.  We also did our eagle scout projects right next to each other.  I gave my mentor pins to brother Brown, and brother Thatcher.  Brother Brown has helped me not just in scouting, but with the church and with my family.  He was my scout master a while after I became a boy scout up until around when I turned 14.  Brother Thatcher helped me immensely with scouting.  Whenever I had a question in scouts, he always had an answer.  He always made the scout camps exciting and also made the BEST desserts ever.  There were times when I would get hurt, or something would go wrong, and brother Thatcher was always there to help me.  My friend, Mason Romney, did his project right next to mine.  I built a Gaga Ball Pit for Quartz Hill Elementary School and Mason built memorial benches right next to the pit.  The memorial benches were for two students who died last year from Quartz Hill and South Valley Junior High. This Eagle Scout Award has helped me learn to work harder and to live life at its fullest.  I'm very thankful for all the people who supported me in this remarkable achievement.

Brother Zan Beckstead has made over 400 of these books for young men receiving their Eagle Scout Award.  He is passionate about the scouting program and writes to the President of the United States and other organizations to get letters of recognition for the boys, then compiles a book for them.  It truly is a gift from the heart!


This was taken the night Spencer passed his Board of Review and actually became an Eagle Scout.  Yes, this mom was super proud and very relieved that he did it and was finally finished!!








































(Soooo glad we were able to fly Kohler here so he could be with Spencer on his special day, especially since their eagle projects are right next to each other at Quartz Hill Elementary.  We missed Kelsey SO much but knew she was thinking about Spencer tonight.)

We truly could not be more proud of Spencer and all of the hard work and diligence he displayed while completing his Eagle.  It takes a LOT of hours and is an award that not many boys achieve.  Spencer is such a hardworking and devoted boy who looks up to his older brother and amazing scout leaders, striving to become just like them.  Like the eagles, you will soar, Spencer!  Congratulations!

No comments: